Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hek Far




I'd like to begin with one caveat:
That my literary prowess within the Rock pantheon shall go unheralded.

Okay, so?
Every once in a while I like to think its important for me to try and recall;
THE BEST SHOWS I'VE EVER SEEN
I'll list a few from time to time (probably when I fall short for things to write about) and if I need to be corrected as to the venue or date, or challenged for my opinion, please don't hesitate to do so.

The Eagles - On the Border tour - probably 73-ish - Grand Valley State Field House (Dome).
Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Bernie Leadon, Randy Meisner and a newly added Don Felder.
Long before their live shows became studio slick, believe it or not, these guys rocked hard, Chuck Berry style.

Linda Ronstadt - Heart Like a Wheel tour - again around 73.
One of THE tightest shows I've ever seen. Pretty much the studio band from the record;
Andrew Gold, Kenny Edwards... and DUAL pedal steel players Dan Dugmore and Eddie Black- Holy Crap!

My Love for all things California begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment