Thursday, April 8, 2010

Snow Capped Franks


In 5th grade, Jack and I would make the 3 block trek to his house for lunch and TV. I don't remember how long the lunch period ran but it allowed us enough time to make the hike, set ourselves up with TV trays and crank the channel to Bewitched.
Noon was kind of an odd time slot for the show if you think about it. But I'm almost positive we weren't thinking in terms of programming. We were just tickeled to sit in a comfy chair, chow down and lust over Samantha Stevens.
As ten year olds, we probably didn't even know we were lusting. But in retrospect, we had to be. Even Elizabeth Montgomery's nose was fetish worthy. Pure and impish. But brother, hell hath no fury.
Nostrils aside, I really had only two other favorites on the show; the bumbeling Aunt Clara and Paul Lynde as Uncle Arthur.

Lets just lay a weeny down and plop a scoop of mashed potatoes on top. That's added value AND nutrition

Peter Marshall: In "Alice in Wonderland," who kept crying "I'm late, I'm late?"
Paul Lynde: Alice, and her mother is just sick about it

credits:
classicsquares.com/lyndesquares
argosybookshop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment