Saturday, May 15, 2010

4 Prophet


I might have met Chuck Prophet around 1985, if Green On Red were in fact touring in support of Gas Food Lodging. It would have been at the Blind Pig in Ann Arbor I think. I couldn't even tell you for sure if he was even with them then, but I think I read he was.
I didn't really follow Green On Red much after that. But I do remember hearing the name Chuck Prophet tossed around now and then.
Wasn't there a synthy keyboard or something around that time called a Prophet? I think that's why I remembered it. Like he named himself after it.
Then a couple of years ago somehow, I'd heard Would You Love Me off Soap And Water and remember kind of getting lost in it. Really enjoying the melody and the lonely, thick timbered baritone that went with it. Kinda like Petty in a little lower register, and more marbles.
I bought the CD, Soap And Water with WYLM on it (which would fit nicely on an Alejandro record) but really only play that and The Freckle Song.
His guitar work ain't too shabby either. So nice job Chuck.

credits: puremusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment