Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cheeze And Rice

Jesus Christ! I mean no blasphemy here, it's more about the exclamation point. And no, I really don't want to tick the big guy off, he or someone similar in their organization have done great things for me, but Jesus Christ!
Look at this beautifully ornate, art deco style theatre, The New Fremont, which later, as many of us know, became the OZ - now a hair salon for Christ's sake.
At what time exactly did the character of this town decide to take a hike and never return.
Maybe, in my state of giddiness to dig up what was, I should also be tempering my archeology with the possibility of discovering disappointment. This shift in expectation would allow me to diffuse any awkward, public or private displays of bummed-outed-ness well in advance, and allow me to continue this journey with renewed vigor.

No comments:

Post a Comment