Saturday, March 12, 2011

Gertie Turns Thirty

My oldest daughter just celebrated her thirtieth birthday. A landmark birthday. And a solemn birthday.
I know it to be a landmark birthday because Walgreen's has a card slot for a 30 year old.
I think she's a little miffed about the whole thing. Not so much about Walgreen's but I wonder if it's because I neglected to place a 4th grade picture of her in the Times-Indicator with the message, Looky Looky Who's Thirty!

I wish I could find words for her that would help slow things down for a while. Kind of like stopping the clock but we would still be moving. The only thing I can say with absolute conviction is that I love her, and that it's a process, my dear. We should be thankful we are able to be a part of it.

Hey Sunshine, you're on deck!

No comments:

Post a Comment