Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Kitten With A Whip

I know I've been slacking on my posts, and I do  really miss writing on regular basis but, there is a good reason.
 I've always had a fascination with t-shirts. Whether it's buying one I thought was the coolest or trying my hand at design (and I use that term loosely). 
I ain't reinventing the wheel by no means but I sure get a kick out of seeing someone wear one that I put out there. I've come close to starting a company a few times but something always got in the way.

The company is called Superieur Brand. After Lake Superior. And why do I spell it this way? Well, as you may know, in the 1700s, the French were everywhere around here and Canada obviously, fighting the Brits, setting up missions or trading pelts to save their scalps.

The truth is, when it came time for me to register a name with the state, I knew I'd have a tough time securing the name and setting myself apart from Superior Landscaping, Superior Septic Service and this, that and the other thing. And there's a little history in there which I like.

They are kind of Michigan-centric to start with. But in case that gets old or it becomes a challenge to sell to Joe-Blow in Anchorage because whats he gonna do with a Michigan t-shirt with a pine tree on it (unless of course he's from these parts), then I may veer off towards something completely different.

There you have it. I'll be creating an e-commerce site in the coming months as well as placing them in stores. Look for a facebook page and such and thanks for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment