Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Summer Feet

I'm a little conflicted here. I'm as guilty as the next guy for sporting flip-flops in terrain that may not be suitable for public display.
Michigan, not widely thought of as sweltering during the summer. But we do have our dog days
where my uniform of choice boils down to lightweight shorts, a t-shirt just short of disintegration and yes, flip-flops.
I suppose I tend to roll with the popular concensus that men's feet are, for the most part,
not pretty.
For men they say, flip-flops have their place; in the yard and at the beach.
I tend to look at it more like where wouldn't I wear flip-flops: parties, weddings, lumberyards and airports. Especially airport restrooms where you should never leave someone's aim to chance.
To those of you easily appalled by such acts of laziness and comfort I say:
Don't Look Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment