Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sea Hunt / The Dave Stanton Story


There was a quiet, eerie calm to the ocean's surface just off Santa Barbara. The fog had yet to burn off, leaving the sea an unsettling, murky black.
I checked my respirator one last time as I sat backward on the tail of the cabin-cruiser. Pushing off tanks first onto the dark, vast living room floor below.
(que Sea Hunt Theme)
The backward plunge was my favored Mike Nelson impression, usually off a small rug onto the greater sea of carpeting,
My Mom must have thought "what the hell" when she happened into the room while I writhed on the floor, grappling with some invisible assailant who successfully cuts my air hose to shreds. The show's ominous music plays against a thick burst of air bubbles shooting upward toward the surface.
This would be a great place to insert one of a couple of the more popular quotes from the show: "By this time, my lungs were aching for air."
"And then I saw it", the other trivia worthy quote could have stemmed from an episode where ex-Navy frogman Nelson stumbles upon one of those ball shaped, anti-submarine mines aimlessly drifting below the surface.
That...or his discovery of the lost flipper, angrily flung overboard in a fit of rage by an inebriated female guest crying out:"Was I just a port in the storm?"

This Just In: Recently, it's been found that the long running rumour of a link between Dave Stanton (possibly the brother just out of frame from Bridges family portraits) and Lloyd Bridges has yet to be substantiated.

Photo From insidesocal.com
Back Story Tidbits From tvparty.com And imdb.com

No comments:

Post a Comment