Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"Goose People"


No, Goose is not a verb here. A Goose Person" is someone who has become a believer often, with a story to tell, in the brand Canada Goose. Now let me back up a bit. I'm a sales rep, which I've mentioned previously, and one of the brands I represent is Canada Goose. It's a rare moment for me to feel the need to expound on a product especially one that I rep. But this product deserves the attention. I've never as long as I've been in this business uttered the words; " this is a GREAT product" I mean, there is no reason FOR you to say that in the fashion world. As cheezy as that sounds, until you've walked the streets of downtown Chicago in January/February with the down-filled, telescoping hooded, wind resistant, water resistant, body armor like protection you get from this jacket, you'll be a believer too. (Aw c'mon, nobody's reading my blog yet anyway). So why is this product so great and why have I not heard of it? Well, sit down for a sec. CG is a family owned, Toronto based company with over 50 years to perfect its brand. In Fact, it didn't start out as brand. The company first began doing private label in the late 50's (which, if your not familiar, is the process of one company producing a product and another company buys it and puts their name on it) for LL Bean and Eddie Bauer. But when manufacturing began heading over seas in the 70's, this Toronto based domestic producer of down jackets realized the need to re-invent themselves into the brand now known as CanadaGoose. Outfitting and endorsing the likes of 3 time Iditarod winner Lance Mackey, the lead sponsor and outfitter for
Polar Bears International, having their first shop-in-shop at Paragon Sports NYC in addition to collaborations with New York's ALIFE and denim house Ernest Sewn, the brand is clearly making a dent in the world and I do mean world. Sold in I think 30 some countries,(please check the store locater on the company website Canada Goose ) it is a global name brand. Represented in stores such as; Bergdorf Goodman, Bloomingdales, Harry Rosen, Holt Refrew, Selfridge's, Harrods, Colette in Paris and United Arrows in Japan ain't too shabby for my Northern Brutha's.

No comments:

Post a Comment